The Ministry for Local Government & Emirates Affairs as the name implies not only serves as a vital link between Government and Local Government Councils but also charged with the responsibilities of supervising, guiding, and monitoring the activities of the Local Governments in the State. Other powers vested in the Ministry include coordinating the implementation of policy directives emanating from State and Federal Governments as well as coordinating the activities of Emirate Councils in the State.
To effectively supervise, coordinate and guide the Local Governments in the conduct of their activities, the Ministry is efficiently administered by the following Directorates:-
- Directorate of Local Government Affairs
- Directorate of Inspectorate & Monitoring
- Directorate of Research, Planning and Statistics
- Directorate of Primary Health Care
- Directorate of Emirates Affairs
- Directorate of Finance and Accountants